About Vemulawada Temple:
Sri Raja Rajeshwara Swamy Temple is a famous ancient temple located in Vemulawada, Rajanna Sirisilla District of Telangana. The Vemulawada temple existence is lost in the mists of antiquity and even Puranas mention the existence of the Deity. In Vemulawada Temple, Lord Raja Rajeshwara is in the form of “Neela Lohitha Shivalingam” which is known for boundless benevolence in fulfilling the wishes of the devotees.
The temple is popularly known as “Dakshina Kasi” and also “Hari Hara Kshethram” for being two Vaishnava temples along with Shiva temple. The two Vaishnava temples are Sri Anantha Padmanabha Swamy temple and Sri Seetharama Chandra Swamy temple. Sri Anantha Padmanabha Swamy is Kshetra Palaka of the temple and Sree Rama Navami is the 2nd major festival in this temple.
History of the Sri Rajarajeshwari Temple:
In the precincts of the temple there is a Dargah, which shows an ample evidence for religious tolerance. According to Bhavishyothara Purana, the Sun God recovered from disability by praying at the shrine and this temple is termed as “Bhaskara Kshethram”. God Indra – the King of Astadikpalaka purified himself from Brahmahatya Dosham by worshipping Lord Sri Raja Rajeshwara Swamy.
During 750 to 973 AD, the temple was built by Raja Narendra, the grandson of Parikshit. Raja Narendra killed Muniputra accidentally and afflicted by virtue, he cured his leprosy by taking bath in Dharmagundam. One day Raja Narendra saw Lord Sri Raja Rajeshwara and Lord Sri Raja Rajeshwari in his vision and received blessings with the directions to build a temple and install the Shiva Lingam which was laying in the bed of the Pushkarni.
Vemulawada Temple Timings:
Here are the Vemulawada temple timings this temple opens at 4:00 AM with Suprabhata Seva and closes at 10:30 PM.
Sri Rajarajeshwari Temple Daily poojas/sevas timings:
|Pooja/ Seva Details||Timings|
|Temple opens with Mangala Vaidyam||4:00 AM to 4:10 AM|
|Suprabhata Seva||4:10 AM to 4:30 AM|
|Prabhata Harathi||4:35 AM|
|Gomatha Pooja & Kode Pooja||5:00 Am to 5:15 AM|
|Prathakala Pooja||5:15 AM to 6:15 AM|
|Nithya Kalyanam||10:30 AM to 12:30 AM|
|Madhyanhika Pooja & Nivedana & Anna Pooja.||11:40 AM to 12:10 PM|
|Pradosakala Pooja||6:00 PM to 7:00 PM|
|Nishikala Pooja||9:00 PM to 10 PM|
|Pavalimpu Seva||10:00 PM to 10:20 PM & temple closes.|
Darshanam & Other Poojas:
|Dharma Darshanam & Abhishekam||6.15 AM to 11. 30 AM|
|Darshanam & Anna Pooja||12.10 PM to 2.00 PM|
|Darshanam & Bilvarchana, Bilvarchana||2.30 PM to 5.55 PM|
|Darshanam & Aakula Pooja, Maha Pooja, Pallaki Seva, Pedda Seva||7.10 PM to 9.00 PM|
|Satyanarayana Vratham||1.00 PM to 3.00 PM|
|Kalyanam||10.30 AM to 12.30 PM|
|Maha Lingarchana||6.30 PM to 8.30 PM|
|Kumkuma Pooja||6.15 AM to 8.30 PM|
|Kode Mrokkubadi||6.15 AM to 8.30 PM|
|Gandadeepa Archana||6.15 AM to 8.30 PM|
Points to be noted:
- During Monday, Masa Shivaratri & Sani Thrayodasi days, Madhyanhika Pooja & Nivedana & Anna Pooja would be performed from 2.30 PM to 3.00 PM.
- During Mondays which are not covered with the Thithi i.e., Ekadasi, Dwadashi, Sankramana, Masa Shivaratri, Bahula Ashtami, etc., Eakantha Seva would be performed to the deity.
- On Monday, Masa Shivaratri and Sani Pradosam, Abhishekam would be performed from 6.15 AM to 2.30 PM & Anna Pooja would be performed from 3.00 PM to 5.00 PM and Bilvarchana would not be performed.
- During Monday and other peak days when the inflow of pilgrims is at very high side Kode Mrokkubadi Pooja would be started at 4.30 AM for the convenience of the pilgrims.
Apart from these Arjitha Sevas are also performed by the devotees. Some of them are:
- Kode Mrokkubadi
- Maha Lingarchana
- Abhishekam Pooja
- Sri Swamy Varla Kalyanam
- Pallaki Seva & Pedda Seva
- Aakula Pooja
- Rudrabhisekam [Sankalpam & Mantram at Abhishekam Mandapam & Pooja in Garbhalayam or Pooja in Someshwaralayam]
- Sakala Arjitha Seva
Festivals At Sri Rajarajeshwari Temple:
- Maha Shivaratri Jatara is very major & notified festival in Vemulawada Temple. On that day Maha Lingarchana & Lingodbhavakala Mahanyasa Purvaka Ekadasi Rudrabhisekam would be performed.
- Sree Rama Navami is the second major festival celebrated at Vemulawada Temple. On that day, Sri Seetharama Chandra Swamy Varla Kalyanothsavam & Rathotsavam will be performed.
- Other important festivals celebrated are Sri Siva Kalyanothsavam [5 days – festival]; Sri Hanumantha Jayanthi; Ganesha Navarathrotsavams; Sri Devi Navarathrotsavams; Deepavali; Sravana Mahotsavams; Karthika Mahotsavams; Sri Sankara Jayanthi; Geetha Jayanthi; Sri Thyagaraja Aaradhanotsvam [5 days – festival]
Accommodation at Vemulawada Temple:
Vemulawada Temple accommodation is available for 24hrs. We can book Vemulawada Temple accommodation through online as government provided a facility to book in T-app folio (A new version of online MeeSeva).
Below are some of the Guest houses and Choultry’s:
- Rajeshwarapuram Choultry
- Sri Nandeeshwara Complex
- Ammavari Guest House
- Sri Bheemeshwara Guest House
- Parvathipuram Choultry
- Parvathipuram Blocks
- Sri Lakshmi Ganapathi Complex
- Sivapuram Choultry
- Sankarapuram Choultry
Vemulawada is situated in Rajanna Sirisilla District, about 12 kms from District Headquarters & 36kms from the Karimnagar & 150 kms from Telangana State Capital Hyderabad. We can reach Vemulawada Temple by buses and trains from all over the Country.
Sri Rajarajeshwari Temple Temple Address:
Sri Raja Rajeshwara Swamy Devasthanam
Rajanna Sirisilla District
Phone Number: STD (08723)
Temple Phone Numbers:
EO Office: 236040
EO Camp office: 236043